Then & Now

We all start somewhere. Somewhere for me was purchasing a digital SLR to take better photos of my black 2000 mustang GT so that I could follow in the steps of the graphics gurus on Black Mustang Club and create awesome signatures for my forum posts. At the time, I never imagined those steps would bring me here. I'd like to show a photo that I considered a favorite back then, in all it's horribly contrasted glory. Let's step back to June 2007.



I loved this photo. Everyone loved this photo. People still ask about the location.

Photo taken with a Canon Rebel XTi & 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Non-IS len. Without a circular polarizer. And long before a even knew the real differences in the letters on the camera mode dial. Why this one was shot in shutter speed priority? I couldn't tell you. ISO 400, f/13, 1/500 sec. Shot as a jpeg. (Because I'm not sure I knew the term RAW then either). For starters, a little bit more detail in the shadows of the front bumper would've been nice.

Fast forward to August 2012, and together, Justin and I are able to accomplish this:



No matter where you are on your journey - just keep shootin'! You can't learn it all overnight. So try some new things and have fun doing so!



0 comments:

Post a Comment